Sir Paul Pindar's House

Sir Paul Pindar

The oak fašade of merchant Sir Paul Pindar's House, originally built in Bishopsgate around 1600. Having survived the Great Fire it was eventually demolished in 1890 to make way for the expansion of Liverpool Street Station but the fašade was presented to the V&A where it is suspended from a wall in the Simon Sainsbury Gallery designed by MUMA.

Comments


Post a Comment